Sunday, December 30, 2007

Why I turn my ringer off....

Because I seriously do not want to get a phone call at 5:25am on a Sunday - one of the few days I just happen to have off this week - asking me if I want to work.

Trust me.

I work my regularly scheduled days. Heck....I even work extras because we're so bloody short staffed right now. When I'm working 4, sometimes 5 12-hour days out of a 7 day period I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to figure out that the likelihood of me 1. answering the phone when I know it's work calling or 2. saying yes if I should make the mistake of answering the phone is absolutely nil.

Why not try calling the person who likes to make calling out of their regularly scheduled shift just about predictable? I mean, heck....they have no problem screwing the rest of us who do show up for work. To them a schedule is nothing but a piece of paper with gobbledy-gook written on it. Nevermind that the rest of us are counting on you to show up because you actually, at one point, signed yourself up to work that day.

Sigh. I could go on and on but what's the point? Obviously there are those who live up to their obligations and those who do not. It just sucks when those who do not are allowed to with no ramifications while those who do suffer the inevitable fallout.

Ask me again why I decided to get back into the workforce????

No comments: