Saturday, December 29, 2007

How I love my days off!

My husband likes to make fun of me. Before I started this job I always used to be on his case on the weekends to get stuff done. You know...let's go do this. Let's work on the house. Let's go out and do.....stuff. I guess that was because I was so antsy from being at home all the time that when the weekend rolled around I was ready to get out and do stuff with him. Of course, he'd worked all week and just wanted to veg and I didn't really get that.

Fast forward to now. I work 4, sometimes 5 days a week. My shifts are 12 hours long which makes for a VERY long day. These days I can barely motivate myself to get out of bed on my days off let alone find the energy to clean or shop or anything else :D My husband thinks this is sweet payback. Now I finally understand why he never wanted to do anything on the weekends.

Ahhhhhh....the beauty of not doing anything at all. Now...that brings me to the question...if I'm working these crazy hours and not doing anything on my days off who exactly is doing all the cooking, cleaning, etc. etc. etc???? Hmmmmm, maybe that's why my house is starting to resemble the aftermath of a mini tornado and the dust monsters are getting larger and larger.

Oh well, it's my day off and maybe I'll spend it contemplating how to deal with this problem!

No comments: