Monday, March 30, 2009

Babies, babies, everywhere....

No....not me silly! Everyone around me. Seems like there must have been something in the air six months ago because there are a TON of people around me who are due to have babies come June. In the spirit of baby-ness I've started knitting. Not very original I know but these make good use of some fantastic yarn I've got and by the time the kids get to Winter of 2009 their teeny little heads will be just the right size for these noggin warmers :)

I'm just about 2/3 of the way through the green/purple one. I think I like this particular colorway alot! Good thing I have a bunch more skeins stashed away for another project. I think I have to crank out another one or two of these totally cute head toppers. I think these test the limits of my knitting abilities i.e. knitting in the round and decreasing stitches but I have to say I'm very proud of how these are turning out. Watch out world....I'll be knitting socks in no time!!

Say nothing about the fact that I've made no beads in the last 3 weeks and that I should be studying for upcoming tests and whatnot. A girl's gotta make time for some fun stuff, no?

No comments: