Monday, April 6, 2009

So this is what it's like to have allergies....

A couple of years ago I went through a "spell" if you will. I felt under the weather...general malaise that just lingered forever it seemed. Later on that year I got tested for allergies and as it turns out I'm allergic to just about everything under the sun. I opted out of getting allergy shots (little bit of a money grab if you ask me!) and decided to take my chances with medication. I didn't really have any problems after that until now. My allergies are running amok. Congestion, itchy eyes, the whole shebang. Of course, all the trees are in full bloom and everything is covered in yellow pollen. Oh....when will this end?!? Medication isn't helping at all. What's a girl to do?

Hiding inside the house is the plan for the day. Not only will it limit my exposure to these allergens but it'll force me to hit the books. Big test on Wednesday and I feel grossly unprepared. This might be the one that breaks me. Who ever thought that putting the respiratory system together with the cardiovascular system would be a good idea for a test? To me...those are the two hardest systems to study :( In any case, I'm home, I can't breathe through my nose, and I'm going to be studying all day. What fun!

Hope you're all having a better day than I am :)

No comments: