Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mean, Median, Mode....

words to strike terror into the heart of one who swore never to take another math class after she got out of highschool.

Yup. That would be me. I managed to get through a whole university degree without ever taking another math class until now. If I ever want to go forth and get an advanced degree (which I think I probably will at some point) they tell me I need a statistics course and another biology-type course.

Yuck. There is nothing that could be worse to me than math. So here I am trying to conquer the world of statistics and all the confusing terminology, equations and graphs - through an online course. Was this the smartest thing to do? Some might say no but on the other hand I'm finding it relatively comforting that everything is open book and I get to work on my own time.

Check back in a couple of months when the course is done. I'll let you know how it went. No matter how much I may dislike math I'm still determined to keep my GPA up so I won't be happy with anything less than and A!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Yee said...

This post was from so long ago I almost wondered if it was MY blog you were posting to :)

Oh...as an update. Yes...I did wind up getting an A in the course so it is possible to conquer stats online!!!