Sunday, November 14, 2010

Metal? or Glass? Who care so long as i get to use a torch!!!!

This past Saturday I took a quick refresher metals class.  I had taken one a few years back through the local park and recs offerings but didn't really keep up with it and, consequently, really needed to get back into the swing of things.  So, off to my local bead store where I played for a couple of hours and made these:



I just love these simple bands! Round wire, twisted wire copper and silver findings.  It was a blast.  And in the end I walked out with a finger adorned in ring-a-lischousness.  I think I'm addicted.  Not that this means that I'm giving up glass.....oh no.  Just means now I may have a new addiction.  I swear my studio is just not big enough. I think this means it's time to move just so I can have room to really get elbows deep in all these hobbies :D

Although....come January I may just be packing them all up for 28 months while I concentrate on getting through grad school.  Now can you see why I'm cramming as much as possible into the next 2 months?  Next Saturday I'm taking another class where I'll be making another type of ring.  Oh yeah...stay tuned for more silver goodness!