Friday, April 30, 2010

What to do when you're stuck at home

after getting your wisdom teeth removed and you look like a chipmunk and can't go 2 seconds without slobbering all over yourself.....

Get out the PMC and get to work!  Since I'd recently emptied my stash of mini silver spacers it was time to get cracking at making some more.

I didn't count but I'm pretty sure there are at least 100 spacers there.  Hand cut, hand decorated, and the most time consuming - hand polished.

I keep wondering if there's an easier way to do this but I guess not.  It's the polishing after the liver of sulfur treatment that takes the most time.  I'm seriously considering whether to adjust pricing on these things to reflect the total handmade-ness of these beads.

Anyhow, at least it kept me busy today.  I wasn't fit for anything but being at home.  Tomorrow? I have big plans for melting some glass :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Sorry about the wisdom teeth Yee, but I LOVE what you did with yourself to keep busy! I have some of those beads you made and you can totally tell how much work goes into them! Can't wait to see the glass goodies you make! :)

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

Great PMC Spacers! Lots of time consuming handwork in those too.