Sunday, October 14, 2007

Catching up....

I can see how this blogging thing has the potential to be somewhat disjointed - i.e. not all my thoughts necessarily come in chronological order in one blogging session so the writing follows my convoluted stream of consciousness.

My goal with this post is to catch up on all that's happened in the last couple of days. It was particularly eventful so this could be long.

Let's see.....this particular adventure started last Wednesday when we flew from Raleigh to Buffalo. There we rented a car and drove across the border into Canada and up to Barrie, ON to stay with the in-laws. After a fairly uneventful 2 days we were rudely awakened on Friday morning by the sound of a big crash. Long story short - our rental car got rear-ended by someone who, I suppose, was in a rush and not paying attention to the road. The good news? That no one was injured - after all, we were still in bed! The bad news? The driver was uninsured, driving on a suspended license in a car that wasn't titled in her name with illegal plates. Could it get any worse?

That, of course, was a rhetorical question. It DID get worse. Turns out that Budget in Buffalo is an independent Budget franchise which means that we could not simply to to a local Budget to get a replacement vehicle. We would have to go all the way back to Buffalo to pick up another car. Yeah, right. They had to send up a flatbed to pick up the car and have it towed all the way back to Buffalo. How much do you want to bet that charge shows up on our bill somewhere?

So, that really stank. There's more but those were the highlights.

On a totally happier note one of my favorite pals from highschool got married on Saturday. I couldn't be more pleased for him. Seeing him so positively happy - there never was a more deserving person. And, I got to catch up with some folks I hadn't seen in close to, if not over, a decade so it was a renewal of old friendships. I hope that we'll all continue to stay in touch now that we've gotten back in touch!

We head back State-side on Tuesday. While I enjoyed having some time off I'm also looking forward to getting back to my life. What can I say? I'm a Virgo. I need structure and schedules :)

No comments: